Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Best Day Ever Part 2

After working with Bret, most of our opener sounded great! There were a few small changes he made that some others and I didn’t like as well, but whatever! Either way we sounded way better than before! Rehearsing the ballad was the highest point in my day. We sounded sooooooo beautiful, more beautiful than anything else I had ever heard before, and I was just basking in the beautiful sound we were making. These moments are the ones I live for. Singing Soprano1 is so fun, and the high notes in our ballad were just made for me. I loved singing it so much and I wish we never had stopped.
            After our workshop, my best friend, her mother, and I went out to dinner at Noodles and Company! It was super delicious and it definitely filled me up! We then scurried back to school to start to set up for our competition the next day!
            I had to decorate a room for McKinley Show Choir and even though I was not the oldest, I was definitely in charge! We finished up in no time and everything looked beautiful! Then it was time to wait. We weren’t allowed to set up for our competition in the gym until the basket ball game was over, so we had quite a bit of time to spare. My friend Adam and I insisted that not everyone in happiness had stayed (when we were all supposed to) so we decided to go on a secret mission! We started at one end of the school and commenced to go into every room and say “chhhhh ROOMS CLEAR, OVER chhhhhhh” we did this though the entire building. It was so stupid, but soooooo much fun! We didn’t find anyone that we thought had left, because a lot of people had been playing Ultimate Frisbee and we hadn’t seen them.
            Now we had finally wasted enough time and it was time to start setting up the gym. When racks of chairs were emptied, me and my friend, Adam would grab them and run and slide on the wheels all the way across the school. It was soo fun, and not to mention dangerous, but we had so much fun! Also, when transporting things two and from the gym, we would only grab things on wheels and we have so much fun racing other people and doing crazy things with the carts. This probably lasted about an hour, but it had to have been one of the best hours of my life!
The day was almost over! It was finally about 11:30 at night. We were all still at school and all the things for the competition were finally set up. We all got on stage and did a sound check to make sure all the mics were in the right places. We were finally done!
            It was midnight and we were all excused to go home. It had been a truly amazing day and I had had the time of my life! I got to bed at 1 am and woke up the next morning at 6. But that my friends is another story for another blog!
(530 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment