Monday, January 2, 2012

I love my family :)

Christmas has to be my favorite time of the year. But it’s not just all the good food and presents that make this season so great, it’s the family and all the memories that are either reminisced or created around Christmas Day! For me the best time of the Christmas season is when all of my siblings are back in the house! It’s nice to have one or two of them home, but when all four of us are together, there is never a dull moment in the Craig house! We joke, we laugh, we eat my mom’s amazing creations, we sing…well… I sing, we watch movies, we play games, and we sleep, and then do everything all over again! It’s always a party!
This year, when my brother Ethan came home from college, he brought his girlfriend with him! Even though all my family was able to meet her the year before, it’s still nice to be able to get to know her a little better! She is so nice, cute, and smart, and she really added to our pre- Christmas celebrations. But as exciting as it was to get to know her even more, my favorite part was when I got to spend time with just my big brother alone! Because he goes to school in Georgia, he’s always so far away and I don’t get to see him nearly as much as I would like to. My other brother is a lone wolf in Iowa City. Even though he’s only thirty minutes away, it seems like I only see him once a year! Only Christmas makes all of these things better!
Now Christmas is over. In two days, both of my brothers will be back in their own houses and my sister who only lives about 5 minutes away, has already been gone for two days. It’s already getting quieter around the house. My siblings are all out hanging with their friends rather than hanging out with the family, and everyone is starting to lose that Christmas spirit! I guess I’ll just have to wait until next year so we can just start all over again!
(359 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment