Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pumpkins!

I love carving pumpkins! Every year being able to carve out new faces and designs is just so fun! In my family, it’s a tradition to all carve our pumpkins together. All six of us before every Halloween! As stated in my previous blog, I love finding the biggest pumpkin possible to carve into!

This year, with all my siblings away at school and having show choir from 3-9 on Halloween night, Halloween just wasn’t the same. But one of my best friends and I decided that we were still going to carve pumpkins and make the best out of a crappy situation! On the Friday before Halloween, we went out and found two of the biggest roundest pumpkins we could find! We also saw that all the little gourds were selling 10 for only one dollar! After picking out our 10 favorites we scurried back to my house to see who could carve the best pumpkin!

After gutting our pumpkins, we looked though a book that had tons of ideas on how to carve your pumpkin. Ever since I was old enough, I have been carving pumpkins! Yet even after 16 years, I still have not once carved a plain jack-o-lantern into my pumpkin, and this year was no different! I chose to carve a cat face in my pumpkin and even though it was a really tough design, it still turned out really well! My friend decided on a design that had three ghosts and the word BOO! Although she had not carved a pumpkin in awhile, with the help of my pumpkin carving expertise, her pumpkin turned out really well also!

When we finished carving our pumpkins, we took millions of pictures so we could show off our pumpkin carving skills to all of our friends! We put both of the pumpkins out on the front steps of my house and put candles in them! Both pumpkins looked so much cooler once they were all lit up. So of course, we had to take more pictures!
 (339 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment