Thursday, October 20, 2011

Qui Qui!

As I said in my last blog, my family loves to travel! The second time I was given the pleasure of taking a trip out of the country was when I went to Paris and Barcelona! Both places were so much fun, but I’ll talk about Spain another time! My family decided to go to Paris, because my mom believes that every young girl should have the opportunity to see Paris! I completely agree and I cannot wait until I get the chance to go back!

Mom, dad and I took a trip to France the summer before my sophomore year! Although we only stayed for 4 days before taking a plane to Barcelona, I still was able to have the time of my life! When we arrived in Paris, we did many things! We got to eat breakfast at a French café, walk around the Eiffel Tower, and take a bike tour of the city. While we were in France, we took two bike tours, both showing us different parts of the country! Our first tour took us around the city of Paris. We got to see things like the Louve, the oversized porta-pottys on almost every block, and the everyday streets of Paris! We were able to visit old town and the Latin Quarter (where Johnny Depp has an apartment) and were also given the opportunity to stop and take photos!

On our second tour, we found ourselves hopping a train, with our bikes, to the town of Versailles! We got to ride our bikes all around the little town and even stop at a market to buy our food for lunch and where I found an adorable sundress. Once we biked to the Palace of Versailles, we got to eat our lunch on the canal lawn with a beautiful view of the palace right in front of us! After we took our tour of the palace and did a little more biking, we took the train back to Paris so we could get a good nights sleep!

The next day we did many exciting things! First we went to the Arc de Triumph and walked up 282 steps to get to the top! We then had a fantastic view of the city! But nothing compared to the view we were given after walking up 684 steps and taking 2 elevators to the top of the Eiffel Tower! That view is one you can’t beat!

Although we did many things, other than what I’ve mentioned in this blog, one of the last and possibly most memorable things we did was go on a small boat ride through La Seine.  We were cruising around Paris at night and were even able to see the Eiffel Tower blink its 20000 lights at 10, 11, and 12 that night! I will never forget that amazing trip!
(475 Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment