Sunday, September 25, 2011

Spreading the Music

Earlier this year, my Pastor at Lovely Lane United Methodist Church approached me and asked if I would like to direct the kids choir at our church! At first I didn’t really want to! I thought it would take up too much time, and I was worried the kids wouldn’t like me as much as they liked Pastor Gayle. But now I realize I was totally wrong!  Spending time with the kids has been so fun and i don’t regret my decision at all!

Three weeks ago I went and watched Pastor Gayle teach! All the children loved her and I was just hoping they would love me too! During the first rehearsal I learned about things, like the high 5! Your hand goes up and your mouth goes shut! I also learned about a wiggle minute! This is used when the kids are too wound up and need to get all their energy out so they can sing. I was really happy I got to work with Pastor Gayle first, before I went on my own because I don’t know if I would have been able to do it without a little guidance!

Now for the past rehearsals we have been working on No Mountain High Enough, and Everybody Come and See. I think the kids really like the songs and we added in some motions to make it more fun! Next week we get to start Christmas songs and they all seem really excited about it! It’s still going to take me awhile to learn names, but as long as all the kids know and look up to me, I still feel like I’m making a difference in their Sunday school experience! This has been so rewarding so far and I can’t wait for the first performance and see the smiles on everyone’s face!

No comments:

Post a Comment